Jumat, 15 Januari 2016

New Kotobuki 190-803 Earthenware Rice Cooker, Matte Black Top Goods

Compare Kotobuki 190-803 Earthenware Rice Cooker, Matte Black with Kotobuki items product

List Price: $75.00
Price: $62.30 Details
You save: $12.70

Customers Who Seen This Item Also Compare with Rice Cookers


For US/UK/DE visitors, to buy Kotobuki 190-803 Earthenware Rice Cooker, Matte Black, please check out:

It works!
I've been cooking my Japanese rice in a donabe (earthenware pot) for years now after having retired my automatic cooker. When the el cheapo nabe finally developed a fatal crack, I searched for a replacement. It's just the two of us, and I wanted to get away from cooking too much rice at one time. This Kotobuki 2-Go (two Japanese rice cups, 1 Go being equivalent to about 3/4 U.S. cup) cooker is just the ticket. It does a great job. Even though I still have to fine-tune my procedure, I'm already very happy with it.

For those of you who want to know what the Japanese instructions say, here is a quick translation. My comments are in brackets.

1. Wash rice thoroughly, then add to the pot. The fill lines inside the pot can be used as a rough guide for the amount of water to add [each successive line going upward indicating the amount for an additional 1 Go of rice].

[Place both inner and top lids on pot.]

2. Regarding the amount of water, about...

See Products Related To Kotobuki 190-803 Earthenware Rice Cooker, Matte Black: Kotobuki

Cook fluffy, glistening rice in this earthen pot. In addition to cooking plain rice, this pot is great for making rice with various ingredients, known in Japan as "takikomi gohan". Recipes for takikomi gohan usually begin with a light dashi broth used as the cooking liquid in place of water and can include scant amounts of soy sauce, mirin and sake for additional flavoring. Vegetable and meat ingredients are then added. Some of the more popular takikomi dishes include matsutake gohan (matsutake mushroom rice), tai meshi (rice with sea bream fish) and gomoku gohan (rice with a combination of five ingredients). The pot has an inner lid which creates extra pressure and steam and helps to prevent messy spill-over while the rice is cooking.
Perfect results
I have tried every type and method of cooking rice that would allow me to avoid teflon and create grains that are all uniformly cooked and found none that I was satisfied with. In defeat I went back to my Japanese rice cooker with the teflon insert. When I ran across the Kotobuki the price point allowed me to feel comfortable about experimenting with this cookware and technique. When I received the cooker I was very apprehensive when I opened the box. I thought I had made a mistake because it is very small. In my mind I didn't think 2 Japanese cups of rice would cook in there. Rather than returning it I gave it a shot. I seasoned it which I suspect is not necessary since its not made of the really porous Iga-yaki clay, but just to be safe I made the porridge which I forget to clean up and left over night on the stove with no detrimental affect. The following day I cooked my first pot of rice on a gas range. I leveled out two Japanese cups of rice (approx 3/4 cup), rinsed and added the...
Perfect results
I have tried every type and method of cooking rice that would allow me to avoid teflon and create grains that are all uniformly cooked and found none that I was satisfied with. In defeat I went back to my Japanese rice cooker with the teflon insert. When I ran across the Kotobuki the price point allowed me to feel comfortable about experimenting with this cookware and technique. When I received the cooker I was very apprehensive when I opened the box. I thought I had made a mistake because it is very small. In my mind I didn't think 2 Japanese cups of rice would cook in there. Rather than returning it I gave it a shot. I seasoned it which I suspect is not necessary since its not made of the really porous Iga-yaki clay, but just to be safe I made the porridge which I forget to clean up and left over night on the stove with no detrimental affect. The following day I cooked my first pot of rice on a gas range. I leveled out two Japanese cups of rice (approx 3/4 cup), rinsed and added the...