Senin, 18 Januari 2016

Review Hamilton Beach Electric Kettle - Stainless Steel 40995 Deal

Compare Hamilton Beach Electric Kettle - Stainless Steel 40995 with Hamilton Beach items product

List Price: $29.99
Price: $37.58 Details
You save:

Customers Who Seen This Item Also Compare with Electric Kettles


For US/UK/DE visitors, to buy Hamilton Beach Electric Kettle - Stainless Steel 40995, please visit:

Good idea, very poor execution
Having a kettle with 1L capacity is a good idea as not everyone needs a 1.7L monster. However, the folks at Hamilton Beach really went out of their way to make the worst design decisions. Here is what I found:
- The bottom of the base is warped as it is made of a low quality plastic.
- The kettle does not sit on the base firmly. Instead it wobbles because the bottom of the kettle does not touch the base. The height of the area with the electric contacts on the base does not match the depth of the mating surface on the kettle, which makes the kettle kind of "float" above the base.
- Filling up the kettle with water is somewhat difficult because of the very small opening at the lid.
- While filling it up with water, there is no way to monitor the level as the indicator at the back is completely covered by ones hands holding the handle.
- The lid won't stay shut very well. Give a tap to the kettle or try pouring from it, and the lid opens.
Such poor...

See Products Related To Hamilton Beach Electric Kettle - Stainless Steel 40995: Hamilton Beach

Hamilton Beach 40995 Electric Kettle 40995 Kettles
Good kettle
It replaces a TFal Vitesse that failed after several years. This one is smaller, but large enough to suit my needs. I chose stainless steel after reading others' concerns about plastic. I boiled about 3 fresh pots of water before actually using it for my tea. No after taste at all.
Pros: Heats up quickly, keeps water hot for quite a while, attractive on the counter.
Cons: Exterior is hot to the touch, but that is true for all kettles of this type. The water level is very difficult to read; it's almost useless.
I think I liked my TFal Vitesse better. I probably would have purchsed another one of those if I had not wanted to switch to metal.
Good kettle
It replaces a TFal Vitesse that failed after several years. This one is smaller, but large enough to suit my needs. I chose stainless steel after reading others' concerns about plastic. I boiled about 3 fresh pots of water before actually using it for my tea. No after taste at all.
Pros: Heats up quickly, keeps water hot for quite a while, attractive on the counter.
Cons: Exterior is hot to the touch, but that is true for all kettles of this type. The water level is very difficult to read; it's almost useless.
I think I liked my TFal Vitesse better. I probably would have purchsed another one of those if I had not wanted to switch to metal.