| Compare Orka Silicone Rice and Grain Cooker in Red with Orka items product |
List Price: With Deal: Details You save: Customers Who Seen This Item Also Compare with Rice Cookers For US/UK/DE visitors, to buy Orka Silicone Rice and Grain Cooker in Red, please visit: What a terrific microwave/oven implement What a terrific microwave/oven implement! When I purchased this in Nov 2014, I was going out on a limb because it seemed so expensive - for me on a limited income ($23.72) - but it has really proven itself a solid investment. So far I've used it for 'baked' potatoes/sweet potatoes and frozen veggies. I don't even add water to my frozen vegetables, just pile them onto the steamer tray, nuke and voila! (When I'm able to finally move away from microwaving, it will still be useable in the oven.) Next up I'm going to attempt the 'microwave rice' trick. I'll update once I've tried that (which is the real test, for me). The only caution/tip I would pass along is, make sure you place the bowl on a microwave/oven-safe plate, because it can be very awkward/wobbly when removing the hot dish, dripping hot steam and/or water condensation. *******UPDATE 031015 Well, pooh. I tried to make rice in it, twice, and it not only doesn't work, it makes an awful... |
| See Products Related To Orka Silicone Rice and Grain Cooker in Red: Orka Big enough to cook two to four servings, this Orka rice and grain cooker can cook rice, wheat, quinoa, lentils, and more in minutes. Made of 100 percent premium red silicone, this steamer features a nonstick, stain-resistant surface and is heat-resistant up to 430 degrees F. The silicone tray is designed so you can rinse food before cooking while the convex bottom optimizes steam circulation for quick, even cooking.8-1/2" diameter x 2-3/4" H, with a 35 ounce capacity Really cool product although I had a very difficult time finding out the actual rice cooking directions. I have written the company a few times and they have been super great in helping me, in fact even sending my more recipes that I've seem sites actually charge you for. So great customer service from the manufactorer/Co and a great price when I purchased it on Amazon. Pretty cool stuff. Would like to buy more pieces someday. |
| What a terrific microwave/oven implement What a terrific microwave/oven implement! When I purchased this in Nov 2014, I was going out on a limb because it seemed so expensive - for me on a limited income ($23.72) - but it has really proven itself a solid investment. So far I've used it for 'baked' potatoes/sweet potatoes and frozen veggies. I don't even add water to my frozen vegetables, just pile them onto the steamer tray, nuke and voila! (When I'm able to finally move away from microwaving, it will still be useable in the oven.) Next up I'm going to attempt the 'microwave rice' trick. I'll update once I've tried that (which is the real test, for me). The only caution/tip I would pass along is, make sure you place the bowl on a microwave/oven-safe plate, because it can be very awkward/wobbly when removing the hot dish, dripping hot steam and/or water condensation. *******UPDATE 031015 Well, pooh. I tried to make rice in it, twice, and it not only doesn't work, it makes an awful... |