Sabtu, 21 November 2015

Check GE WB24X829 Secondary Door Switch for Microwave Deal

Compare GE WB24X829 Secondary Door Switch for Microwave with GE items product

List Price: $21.08
Price: $7.50 Details
You save: $13.58

Customers Who Seen This Item Also Compare with Microwave Oven Parts & Accessories


For US/UK/DE visitors, to buy GE WB24X829 Secondary Door Switch for Microwave, please see:

I fixed my microwave for a fraction of the cost
This style micro-switch went out on a 12 year old microwave built into my kitchen shelves. I really didn't want to to buy a new microwave and pay a carpenter to redo my shelves for the new oven.
After some Google searches, I discovered this little switch is easy to replace so I tried it.
Job complete!

See Products Related To GE WB24X829 Secondary Door Switch for Microwave: GE

This is a GE SW-SECONDARY part number WB24X829.
Simple, inexpensive fix
GE JVM1750SPSS microwave stopped working. It was less than two years old. No heating, turntable didn't turn, just a click. After searching a bit I found that a very common reason for this symptom was a failed door switch. After taking unit down and removing the cover and keypad I was able to remove the door switch assembly. Of the three switches, one had failed. Ordered this replacement and it came very quickly. Popped out the old switch, popped in the new one, put it all back together, and presto magico, it worked!
Fixed the Microwave
My built-in over the counter GE Microwave oven stopped working after 4 years in service. The service man wanted $75 + parts to come home and fix the problem.

A yahoo search revealed the problem might be due to the failed door switch. My oven uses two door switches. I ordered two, since I didn't know which one might have stopped working.

The switch installation is moderately difficult for a lay person, especially if the oven is built-in. There are lot of You Tube videos available to guide. It took 3 hours for me. After replacing both switches the microwave oven works fine.