| Compare Whirlpool 8206442 Damper Assembly for Microwave with Whirlpool items product |
Offer List: Price: $31.25 Details You save: $7.12 Customers Who Seen This Item Also Compare with Dishwasher Parts & Accessories For US/UK/DE visitors, to buy Whirlpool 8206442 Damper Assembly for Microwave, please check out: Exactly what I was looking for I bought this part so I could have my Whirlpool microwave vent to the exterior of my house instead of re-circulating the air. The microwave was already in the house when I moved in and didn't come with the spare parts. This part was $60+ at local spare parts stores. The item number on the product name is correct and this is exactly what I was looking for. I was a little apprehensive to buy it since the description only says it works with Maytag microwaves but is labeled Whirlpool. Rest assured, this is the part if you found it via the part number 8206442. The dimensions are roughly 3-1/4" x 10". Attached it to the back of the microwave and turned on the vent fan. The flapper lifts up and comes down to cover the microwave vent holes once the vent fan is turned off. Did this a couple of time to try to get it to stall in the up position, but it didn't. CAVEAT This part does not come with the two machine screws you will need to attach it to the... |
| See Products Related To Whirlpool 8206442 Damper Assembly for Microwave: Whirlpool Part Number 8206442 replaces 8205558, 8183858, 1194880, 4393715, 8184896, 8185094, 8205772, AH1486779, EA1486779, PS1486779.Whirlpool Factory Part. Whirlpool brands include Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Magic Chef, Admiral, Norge, Roper, and others. Fits perfectly on a whirlpool microwave The damper for perfectly into my whirlpool over the range microwave. Yes you need to find two machine screws but now I have the function of venting out instead of recirculation within. |
| Works fine, I assume same quality as OEM Silly accessory really. Our microwave originally circulated into the house, and the previous home owner didnt care. We did, so we had to go find this darn thing because the original damper that would have come with the microwave was long gone. Cant believe how much it is for a little damper! Also as you might expect it doesnt hold back "all" the air, as you can easily see along the sides there is a bit of a gap. But between this and the damper leaving the house its not bad. The inside of the microwave is cool in the winter mornings, but nothing to get worried about. Why 3 stars? Expensive for what it is, and doesn't even have a snug fit to hold out air. Install was simple (onto the microwave at least...total install of duct work in the wall was a huge pain) and did what I expected when I purchased it. |